The digital workplace will align technology, employees and business processes to improve operational efficiency and meet organizational goals. The digital workplace will be the platform that staff members will use to access all corporate knowledge to execute their jobs. Cloud services, mobile and artificial intelligence are not only components of Knowledge-as-a-Service (KaaS) but are also important aspects of the digital workplace. The use of these technologies will remove geographic barriers from collaboration and processes and ensure that knowledge is available remotely 24/7. Common digital workplace and KaaS goals include using technology to improve collaboration, employee engagement, productivity, business processes and content/knowledge management to facilitate the intelligent delivery of the right knowledge to the right person in the right context at the right time.
AI plays an important part to KaaS by elevating how the delivery of knowledge occurs to the people who need it. AI is used to scale the volume and effectiveness of knowledge distribution. AI will enable KaaS by providing the ability to:
- Predict trending knowledge areas/topics that your users need
- Identify which targeted knowledge will resonate with your users based on real-time engagement and content consumption
- Auto-curate and personalize knowledge based on individual preferences
- Improve content decisions by leveraging machine learning around what content will be best suited to address the situation
- AI will make search and its search results more relevant, precise and efficient.
- AI through intents will be able to better know what content users need. Intents will provide a better understanding of what the user is looking for by better understanding the intended use of the content.
- Chatbots w/ Natural Language Processing (NLP) will provide value for all users along critical decision-making points with personalization of the delivery of knowledge.
I will be presenting Knowledge-as-a-Service and how it can be implemented through a Digital Workplace at the upcoming KM Showcase 2020 (see video below). Please feel free to comment on this blog post. I hope to see you there!
Some of the Highlights and Benefits of the presentation include:
- Actual Industry case study related to KaaS and the Digital Workplace
- Explanation of the integration of AI and KM the various KaaS and Digital Workplace Components
- Tips and techniques for implementing KaaS on a Digital Workplace