Digital Transformation: is the process of using digital technologies to create new or modify existing business processes, culture, and customer experiences (internally and externally) to meet the changing business and market environments. Digital Transformation will fundamentally change how organizations operate and deliver value. Since Digital Transformation is about transforming your organization’s digital assets to improve the performance of your employees, knowledge management combined with the power of artificial intelligence will deliver knowledge to your personnel that will facilitate the delivery of products and services in a more efficient and effective way, while leveraging your digital assets to generate revenue and create a competitive advantage.
Knowledge Management an Artificial Intelligence
The focus of knowledge management (KM) is to enable people and organizations to collaborate, share, create and use knowledge. Understanding this KM is leveraged to improve performance, increase innovation and grow the knowledge base of both people and the organization. KM methods enable knowledge to be Dynamic, Accurate and Personal. Dynamic knowledge is constantly updated adhering to your organization’s content (information and knowledge) lifecycle management processes. The Dynamic component of knowledge reflects your organization’s brand, tone and evolves over time. The Accurate component of knowledge is identified as the authoritative source and authoritative voice for that subject matter. This knowledge is accepted by your organization as the “source of truth”. The Personalized component of knowledge answers the questions that the users of your knowledge are seeking. Personalized knowledge is tailored to what the individual needs to decide and presented in a way that is consumable by the user. Personalized knowledge is facilitated by how knowledge flows throughout your organization.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) applied (through machine learning) to the delivery of knowledge allows for knowledge personalization to occur. AI plays an important part to delivering knowledge in a digitized organization by elevating how the delivery of knowledge occurs to the people who need it. AI infused knowledge delivery for digital transformation will scale the volume and effectiveness of knowledge distribution by:
- Incorporating predictive analytics to deliver trending knowledge areas/topics that your employees need
- Identify which targeted knowledge will resonate with your employees based on real-time engagement and content consumption
- Auto-curate and personalize knowledge based on individual preferences
- Improve content decisions by leveraging machine learning around what content will be best suited to address the situation
- AI will make search and its search products more relevant, precise, and efficient.
- AI through intents will be able to better know what content your employees need. Intents will provide a better understanding of what the employee is looking for by better understanding the intended use of the content.
- Chatbots with Natural Language Processing (NLP): will provide value for all employees in the various organizational functions along critical decision-making points with personalization of the delivery of knowledge. Chat Bots with NLP will provide cognitive capabilities to understand, interpret and manipulate human language that will enable the bots to anticipate the needs, attitudes, and aspirations of users to aid in decision making and improve outcomes, all geared to achieve substantial business value.
Delivering Digital Transformation – Knowledge-as-a-Service
AI powered knowledge delivery drives the digital transformation business case where its focus is on the organizations’ personnel. AI powered knowledge delivery is facilitated by the Knowledge-as-a Service (KaaS) Framework and can be implemented through the use of the Digital Workplace.
KaaS Framework blends Knowledge Management (KM) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to deliver the right knowledge to the right person in the right context in order to facilitate fast, efficient, and accurate decision making. The KaaS framework can help your organization leverage knowledge from anywhere, anytime, and by any user in a distributed computing model. To properly incorporate a KaaS framework your organization must understand what knowledge means for your organization, where it comes from, and how to use it. The main advantage of deploying a KaaS framework will not only be better management of the knowledge, but also better access to knowledge. If you know where the knowledge comes from, where it goes, and how it is used your organization is well on its way to properly delivering a KaaS solution. This solution will enable your organization to deliver its services more effectively and efficiently by tapping into the collective knowledge of the firm.
The digital workplace leveraging the KaaS Framework will align technology, employees, and business processes to improve operational efficiency and meet organizational goals. The digital workplace will be the platform that staff members will use to access all corporate knowledge to execute their jobs. Cloud services, mobile and artificial intelligence are all components of Knowledge-as-a-Service (KaaS) and are also important aspects of the digital workplace. The use of these technologies will remove geographic barriers from collaboration and processes and ensure that knowledge is available remotely 24/7. The Digital Workplace leveraging the KaaS framework will achieve the goals of Digital Transformation when its focus is on personnel. This includes using technology to improve collaboration, employee engagement, productivity, and business processes while facilitating the intelligent delivery of knowledge assets.